List of Acorn/BBC related websites

feedback, comments and suggestions pertaining to the stardot forum
Dave_E

Re: List of Acorn/BBC related websites

Post by Dave_E »

http://www.personalcomputernews.co.uk/pcn_library.html
Personal Computer News Archive
Dave E's half-finished archive of PCN magazines.
sydney

Post by sydney »

Dave_E wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:41 pm http://www.personalcomputernews.co.uk/pcn_library.html
Hi Dave.
Every link to PCN #xxx down the left side just shows a load of small pictures which link to an ad for the DVD. If I search for BBC Micro there are a number of links to articles but many of them seem to produce a 'file not found' error. Is there any other BBC stuff on here?
Dave_E

Post by Dave_E »

Tons of stuff for the BBC, although you do have to search to find it. The scans are meant to link to the ad for the DVD but there are 13 complete issues, some of which feature reviews of Acorn Electron hardware, BBC stuff and a variety of BBC software.

This is a good link to find most of the stuff:

http://www.personalcomputernews.co.uk/pcn_gameplay.html
jregel

Post by jregel »

Dave_E wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:41 pm http://www.personalcomputernews.co.uk/pcn_library.html
Updated, thanks.
BBC Master Turbo, Retroclinic External Datacentre, VideoNuLA, PiTubeDirect with Pi Zero, Gotek USB Floppy Emulator
ctr

Post by ctr »

I don't know who they are but they've been slowly releasing a bunch of old Acorn source code and documentation:

4corn Computers
roland

Post by roland »

I have updated my Acorn Atom dot nl site. It runs now in a WordPress environment so it is more responsive. I tried to make the navigation more intuitive. Most of the content is in Dutch but you can chose one of the available languages in the upper right corner. The translation does (of course) not work for scanned documents like all the editions of Atom News. Thanks to Multiwizard for scanning some additional editions that weren't scanned before.

I left the old site online because we have many references from StarDot to pages on the old site. So these links should still work. I also know that some people still like the old site and I haven't transferred all contents.

In the past I started a site with a collection of Atom hardware and this site is now integrated into the Hardware pages of the new acornatom site. I still have to add the pages for the Atom2k15, Atom2k18 and the old Atom-in-PC.

Happy reading!
FPGAtom: 512 KB RAM, Real Time Clock and 64 colours
MAN WOMAN :shock:
jregel

Post by jregel »

ctr wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:41 pm I don't know who they are but they've been slowly releasing a bunch of old Acorn source code and documentation:

4corn Computers
Does anyone know who is behind 4corn? Anyone here?
BBC Master Turbo, Retroclinic External Datacentre, VideoNuLA, PiTubeDirect with Pi Zero, Gotek USB Floppy Emulator
NJ_

Post by NJ_ »

I should have added my site to this list when I launched it - details below...

Site: BBC Microcomputer
Owner: NJ_
Description: Original research on how many 8-bit BBC Micros were produced, when and by whom. Descriptions and photos of how BBC Micros differ according to age and manufacturer.

I'm still working on the latter part - the descriptions and photos - so you won't find many on the site yet.

Return to “stardot FORUM”