RISC OS South West Show 2023

listings of other non-ABug events, proposals relating to unconfirmed events and general event chat
RobC

RISC OS South West Show 2023

Post by RobC »

This year's RISC OS South West show is on Saturday the 25th of February at the Arnos Manor Hotel in Bristol. The show runs from 10.30am until 4pm.

I've been asked to host an "ABUG" stand and it would be great to see other Stardot members at the show. I'll be bringing some Beebs with various add-ons but if others have ideas of things to show off, please get in touch.

As in previous years, I'm happy to cover the cost of the stand but would ask others to help cover the cost of running of the show by paying admission at the door (£6).
RobC

Re: RISC OS South West Show 2023

Post by RobC »

*** BUMP ***

This is next Saturday - are any other Stardot members planning to attend?

I was thinking of bringing a Compact demonstrating some of the latest Beeb games releases, a M128 with Plotmate plotter and my Lego robot arm. I could also bring my Torch Unicorn if there's interest in that.

If other members are thinking of bringing their own kit, please let me know so that we can coordinate.

Thanks,

Rob
tricky

Post by tricky »

I have only just seen this mentioned today as I don't spend any time in riscos land.

I could bring my usual setup with my games and various adapters including a PS2 trackball for missile command if you like.

I haven't been to the riscos show in Bristol before, what is the setup?

It would be great to see you and anyone else who turns up:)
RobC

Post by RobC »

Thanks tricky - it would be great to see you again.

We usually have a few tables away from the main area - I'll ask the organisers how large a space they'll have for us this year. The hall will be open on Friday evening for setup but I usually just go for the day and get there early on Saturday morning.
RobC

Post by RobC »

I've contacted the show organisers and we can have extra tables if we want :D

The hall will be open from 8am on the Saturday for setup (show starts at 10.30). I'll probably aim to get there for 9ish.
tricky

Post by tricky »

RobC wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:23 am I've contacted the show organisers and we can have extra tables if we want :D

The hall will be open from 8am on the Saturday for setup (show starts at 10.30). I'll probably aim to get there for 9ish.
Thanks Rob, how many machines would you like me to bring?
My car is in the garage, and if it doesn't come back, I will be quite limited for space but I can probably "borrow" it back if needed.
If I can find them I have a Master and a Compact both with internal GOTEKs.
I also have a temperamental Atom +MMC that I usually pair with a small amber monitor, it just seems right somehow!

9is sounds good, we usually stop at Cullompton services for breakfast :)

For those making a day out of it, there are a couple of places (check they are open for yourself) that I have had a nice time:
There is a friendly pinball, pool and other sales (everything on free play) place Home Leisure Direct about a mile into england from the old severn bridge, but it is open 10-4 on saturdays, so I guess not one for this trip.
The timewarp arcade in bridgewater somerset is good for a visit too and they are open until 8 on saturdays although they are later 80s, rather than earlier now.
RobC

Post by RobC »

tricky wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:02 pm how many machines would you like me to bring?
Two or three sounds ideal - I'll probably bring a couple of machines. The SW Show isn't usually as busy as the others so I don't think that'll be enough.
RobC

Post by RobC »

**BUMP**

Just a reminder that this is tomorrow. Would be good to see as many Stardot members there as possible.

For all those coming to the show, looking forward to seeing you in person :D

Return to “other events + general event chat”