High Score Challenge - S19 - R08 - Galactic Patrol

post your own high scores or enter our challenge competitions
KarateEd

Re: High Score Challenge - S19 - R08 - Galactic Patrol

Post by KarateEd »

Well, this is probably it for me. Got to that stupid impossible screen and that makes no sense at all. You have to see it to believe it.
GP-4.png
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson »

A few goes this afternoon - and new high score.
Attachments
PATROL.JPG
KarateEd

Post by KarateEd »

High Score Tables Updated for Season 19, Round Eight......

Well, this one was not very popular and I can see why. Boring, terribly repetitive, no ability to go beyond a certain point despite a person's skill level. I'd give this at best a 2 or 3 on a scale of one to 10 because it was a remedy for insomnia.

We do have a winner, this time MatthewThompson. . Most of the people got to the point where you had no chance to move on forward so....yeh. Great win Matt, with the last minute push to get there. =D> =D> =D>

On a side note I'd like to thank all those who played this round. We had 7 playing this game this round so.....Thank you!!! It seems we are mostly averaging out at 11 so this participation is a way below average.

As usual please check to ensure I've not missed anyone's scores because it's easy to miss things on this and I really don't want to do that for anyone's hard earned score.
Ed...... :-)

3 working Beebs, 1 RetroClinic Master, 1 normal Master, 1 A3010, 1 Pi2 RISC OS, 2 broken Beeb Motherboards, 1 Omnibus A7000+ server, 1 A7000+ Desktop, 1 PET, 1 C64, 1 C128, 1 Amiga 500 and 1 Roamer.
MatthewThompson

Post by MatthewThompson »

Nice to get top score again.

Seems we all got to the same stage, but (I think) the only way of getting higher scores was down to how many aliens you zapped on the first level - don't think there was a way of increasing he score any other way, and the only way to get killed it seemed was to collide with the green wall things.

But I have to agree with the Electron User review, in fact they probably had better type in's in the same magazine, certainly a very poor game and it seemed that Mastertronic didn't actually release anything good on the BBC/Electron, just dull uninspiring games, yet on other platforms they released some great stuff, shame we didn't see that , even Kane which was a nice little game had 2 of the scenes removed for no reason at all.

Return to “8-bit acorn software: games - high scores”