Dutch TechSat on September 24, 2022

listings of other non-ABug events, proposals relating to unconfirmed events and general event chat
oss003

Re: Dutch TechSat on September 24, 2022

Post by oss003 »

Ok guys, time for a small writeup about the Techsat on September 24th.

Timo and Bas did bring an Archimedes A3000,an A5000 and a few beebs to build an Econet network.

econet.png

Roland had ask Timo and Bas to do that so he could test his Electron Econet interface (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24785). Roland also brought his BBC for testing because if econet for that BBC was working, he could build his own econet network at home. Rolands BBC had some problems to run econet and he first wanted to solve that problem before testing the Electron econet interface. He couldn't find the problem with his BBC but did find some problems which have to be fixed first. So there was no time to test the Electron econet interface that day.

roland-econet.png

Roland also showed his System5 emulation with his Atom 2K15 (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=25538). The diskdrive is working as file system and now he is working to be able to have the AtoMMC as file system. It is partially functioning but still needs some work.

20220924_121717.jpg

Bas showed his System 5 which he had restored with some help. The CPU-, 40 column video-, RAM-, Econet- and floppy controller boards are working now. He also installed a Gotek as a floppy drive with another 40/80 tracks drive. The goal is to restore the System 5 like an original one from the 80's which means that the floppy drives have to be replaced with old double height black diskdrives. He still wants to use the Gotek so now he has to find a proper solution how to install this.

20220924_122243.jpg

Erik showed his Atom with a 3D printed black case (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23567). He also had a SID- and an SP0256 speech interface which were working fine. Also an AtoMMC interface was build into his Atom.

20220924_121753.jpg

I showed my Atom 2K14. Ongoing projects are software related like converting AGD games (viewtopic.php?f=44&t=16275) and converting ZX Spectrum Quill adventure games for the Acorn Atom. The Quill converter is working with unpawed Quill files (ASCII files with all the adventure game information) and an updated engine is used to play the games.

kees.png

Rob did bring his BBC with a complete game archive and wants to start working with the BBC again which has been a while ago.

20220924_121726.jpg

During the day, about 10 people did attend to have a look and a talk about computers so it was a great day and we had a lot of fun.
A few video's were made which you can find in the posts above.
Thank you all for attending and making this day succesful and maybe until next time.

Greetings
Kees
TimoHartong

Post by TimoHartong »

Some more photo's for the impression of the day. Thanks for all the people who organised it
Last edited by TimoHartong on Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roland

Post by roland »

Kees and Timo, Thanks for your reports.

Yesterday I got Econet on my Beeb (probably) working. I found out I had to close LK9 or (re)install the floppy disc controller to solve a NMI issue.
If I only had known this on Saturday…
FPGAtom: 512 KB RAM, Real Time Clock and 64 colours
MAN WOMAN :shock:

Return to “other events + general event chat”