discuss emulators of 26-bit acorn systems e.g. arculator and rpcemu
flibble

RPCEmu 0.9.3

Post by flibble »

A new version of RPCEmu is available, 0.9.3

http://www.marutan.net/rpcemu/

Changes in this build
  • Easy-Start bundles
    • Two ROM/Disc Image sets are now available to make setting up RPCEmu as simple as possible. both are configured with networking by default.
      • RISC OS Direct, a version of the RISC OS 5 based distribution with many extras, ideal for running recent applications
      • RISC OS 3.71, an older '26-bit' version of RISC OS, ideal for running 'classic' applications.
    • Both are pre-setup with a large number of applications, tools, and both ship with !Store and PackMan package managers for installing more.
  • ARM
    • Correct several issues related to the MSR instruction
    • Correct several instruction decoding issues
    • Generate undefined instruction exceptions in the correct places of the instruction set
    • Implement ARMv4 (StrongARM) Load store extensions
    • Make ARMv4 extensions only available when configured as ARMv4
  • Floppy Discs
    • We now support loading of DOS and Atari 360KB (.img) disc images into the floppy drives.
  • Other fixes
    • Settings files and CMOS ram files are saved as changes are made to them, so these settings are retained even if the program is closed abnormally.

Matthew Howkins
Peter Howkins
flibble

Re: RPCEmu 0.9.3

Post by flibble »

bundle-direct.png
bundle-371.png
nerak99

Post by nerak99 »

I am attempting to use this on MacOs Catalina.

I actually got it going once properly but now every time I try, I get a low res screen after *desktop and no HDFS.

Where about in the application is the configuration file and are there compilation instructions for MacOs anywhere to work from source?

Brian Lockwood
richw

Post by richw »

There is a macOS port in progress. Have a look at the mailing list.
derek

Post by derek »

Hi,

I have compiled both RPCEmu for v3.71 and v5.24, on Debian 10, on a corei7 laptop.

All work well, except, I can not change the video settings, is there something else I need to do to get 800x600 display.
Regards,

Derek
paintings

Post by paintings »

Try the obvious one first...

In RISC OS, go to Configuration > Screen and choose another monitor type (it defaults to "Auto" which restricts you to 640x480).

You can choose a real monitor if you want (e.g. "Acorn AKF85") but "Other > Generic" offers an extended range of screen sizes.
derek

Post by derek »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, looks like I had not configued the emulator correctly.

All fixed now.
Regards,

Derek
derek

Post by derek »

Hi,

I have now got RPCEmu running with RiscOS 5.27, which looks very nice on my Linux computer, the mouse integration is better with RiscOS and the Linux host system.

I like the fact I have the same RiscOS version on the Raspberry Pi and RPCEmu, makes both system really upto date.

Just have figure out how to connect to an Econet network.
Regards,

Derek
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Anybody got the mouse to work in fullscreen mode on linux?

I've been trying forever without success and runnuing on my laptop without fullscreen is a pain due to the window size.
sweh

Post by sweh »

Sniffer wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:39 am Anybody got the mouse to work in fullscreen mode on linux?

I've been trying forever without success and runnuing on my laptop without fullscreen is a pain due to the window size.
It "just works" for me. I started it in a window then select "full screen" from the settings menu and the mouse continued to work just fine.
Rgds
Stephen
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Uhm. I half thought that might be the case as I couldn't find others with my problem when I did some googling. It doesn't work for me on either of my laptops either native or in a vm.

Very odd.

Edit. Actually, it does work natively but not in a vm. Apologies for the mis-information. I hadn't used it natively for a long time and on my nea laptop I only have a vm.

Return to “32-bit acorn emulators”