Suggestions for Jingle creation and loading screen designing

suggest games that you’ve always wanted to see on acorn platforms
sa_scott

Suggestions for Jingle creation and loading screen designing

Post by sa_scott »

Hi all,

I can't shake off the desire to add some kind of title screen and jingle to my Polymer Picker game. I'm at a complete loss as to how to achieve this with my current setup.

For Headcase Hotel, I used my BBC Micro at the time with an art package called (I think) Megadraw, which was on a 1994 or 1995 edition of the disc based magazine Fast Access. I recall it requiring Sideways RAM in order to run, which my machine had. I used this to create the loading screen.

As for a jingle, I'm probably asking for trouble, but I wanted to make a jingle based on this song, Lost at Sea by a (seemingly disbanded) group called Cashier No. 9. The video is on Youtube, while the single is on Spotify. It has a nice accoustic ambience to it.

The only piece of software that comes to mind is literally called Jingle, and was published in the December 89 issue of Micro User. But is there a quicker method of translation to a jingle, or chiptune?

Much as I'd like to get the game finished, I feel I'm going to delay it further if I don't scratch these particular itches!

As always, help and pointers are much appreciated :D
--
Stephen Scott, Digital Media Muckerupper
Games: Androidz Redux, Headcase Hotel, Polymer Picker
www.sassquad.net
sa_scott

Re: Suggestions for Jingle creation and loading screen designing

Post by sa_scott »

I was idly going through the first few pages of the Acorn Art thread, and saw that I added an entry there way back in 2017.

viewtopic.php?p=176662#p176662

This whole thread is full of suggestions on creating artwork.

I've now come across pixelblip's Abug talk from 2020:

http://abug.org.uk/index.php/2020/05/16 ... mike-rose/

This has pointed me to the software he uses for his fantastic artwork. So I may have some fun with this :)

Just need the same thing for tune creation now!
--
Stephen Scott, Digital Media Muckerupper
Games: Androidz Redux, Headcase Hotel, Polymer Picker
www.sassquad.net

Return to “new ideas wishlist & general chat”