ABUG Dev night #32, Thursday 16th December 2021, 7pm - 10pm (GMT)

threads for previous weeknight 'developer' sessions
BigEd

ABUG Dev night #32, Thursday 16th December 2021, 7pm - 10pm (GMT)

Post by BigEd »

On Thursday there will be an ABUG Dev night, at 7, on zoom.

This will be the last Dev Night of the year - but not the last ABUG, that's next week, on Tuesday.

I wonder if we could manage anything by way of an annual round up - the projects and progress of 2021?

Come and discuss your Acorn-related dev projects, whether they be creating things, breaking things, or digging into things. Or even if your project is stuck... and if you haven't got a project, come along to hear about what's going on. Because somewhere, surely, someone has been doing something mighty interesting.

Hardware, software, tooling, emulators, games - all kinds of development, debugging, reverse engineering and investigation are on topic.

For a flavour of a typical meeting, see this previous thread.

For a bit of a heads-up nearer the time, subscribe to this thread using the spanner gadget below. I'll bump this thread the day before and on the day, if I remember.

(We're no longer sending out calendar invitations, so be sure to manage your own calendar!)
Last edited by BigEd on Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigEd

Re: (Tonight!) ABUG Dev night #32, Thursday 16th December 2021, 7pm - 10pm (GMT)

Post by BigEd »

Tonight at 7!

I made a list of new Dev-relevant threads this year, and a few perennial ones, as a sort of reminder and perhaps a prompt for some conversation. Apologies to those I didn't find. I seem to have quite a few of my own threads, so what can I say... I'll go alphabetically but put mine at the end.

The aim here of course is not to praise or shame anyone on the basis of quantity of threads (or projects) but just to remind ourselves of how many very interesting and ingenious things have been built.

First, a few evergreen threads worth noting for activity this year: 0xc0de archie456 arg ccawley2011 ChrisB cjm coeus daveejhitchens diminished dominicbeesley dreamseal dudleysoft71 geraldholdsworth hoglet IanJeffray kilog lovebug markdryan Mattmos nicolagiacobbe oss003 pernod pmul128 prime Richard Russell roland SarahWalker SteveF tobylobster tom_seddon tricky BigEd
Last edited by BigEd on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oss003

Re: (Tonight!) ABUG Dev night #32, Thursday 16th December 2021, 7pm - 10pm (GMT)

Post by oss003 »

You've been very busy Ed ..... :D
BigEd

Re: ABUG Dev night #32, Thursday 16th December 2021, 7pm - 10pm (GMT)

Post by BigEd »

Cheers Kees! A good evening of dev chat, I thought - 10 of us, eventually.

As it turns out that will probably be my last ABUG of the year, because my book group has moved to Tuesday and, if it goes ahead, that collides with next week's General session.

Have a good one, everyone!

Return to “past weeknight 'developer' sessions”