All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. NOW FULL!

threads for previous all-day 'virtual' ABug events
jgharston

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. NOW FULL!

Post by jgharston »

JudgeBeeb wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:05 pm Should I be concerned that I watched the Wurzels video all the way through?
Not a patch on the Grumbleweeds.

(ducks, runs....) ;)

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.45
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2024
>_
dominicbeesley

Re: All-day 'Virtual' Acorn session #3, Saturday 16th May 2020, 9am - 9pm. Supporting CCfCH. 50 attendees max. NOW FULL!

Post by dominicbeesley »

Thanks to everyone again. I'm looking forward to the videos as I missed some of the afternoon.

We got our stuff from the ccfch gift shop today. Very happy except I got done over at top trumps by a 5 year old
Attachments
20200518_133313.jpg
Kazzie

Post by Kazzie »

I'm sorry I couldn't manage to attend for longer, but grumpy kids and a tetchy internet connection put paid to it in the end. I did really enjoy the talk on Steve Furber's Prototype (JudgeBeeb, maybe we could call it the "Furbertron"? :lol: ), as it mirrors the Acorn System stuff that I'm dabbling in at the moment. While restoring it to full working order may be unfeasible, I'd love to help reverse-engineer it, should I ever get down to a physical meet down there.
KarateEd wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:57 pm (did you guys notice you have an accent?)
Mine's a funny old mix of North-Walian, hints of Cardiff, and a generous dash of Torontonian, and is now accumulating bits of Derbyshire dialect from my wife and her family. It swings a lot depending on who I'm talking to and where I am: the last time I spend a month out in Toronto, when I came back my wife (fiancée at the time) said "what's happened to your vowels"! :?
dominicbeesley wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:35 pm We got our stuff from the ccfch gift shop today. Very happy except I got done over at top trumps by a 5 year old
Has she swiped the mug off my desk at work while I've been away? :shock:
BBC Model B 32K issue 7, Sidewise ROM board with 16K RAM
Archimedes 420/1 upgraded to 4MB RAM, ZIDEFS with 512MB CF card
RiscPC 600 under repair
Acorn System 1 home-made replica
Dave Footitt

Post by Dave Footitt »

Yes thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, thanks to everyone who did a presentation, clearly so much work had gone into them and it was great to see something so interesting and at a technical level I was interested in!

=D> =D> =D>
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Sorry for the delay in sharing these links; the talks from the virtual event on the 16th May were uploaded to the Centre for Computing History's Youtube channel earlier in the week. Here's a handy playlist featuring all 10 talks.

The videos are also available via the new abug.org.uk domain.
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey »

Looks like a good collection of videos with more to come!

Many thanks =D>
jgharston

Re: Virtual Acorn meetup: May 16th 2020 supporting Cambridge Computer museum

Post by jgharston »

jgharston wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:21 pm Add me. I'll probably be working on adding Trig/Log to PDP11 BASIC if I've found my "orange book"* by then.

*I can't remember what it's called, something like Introduction to Digital Computing, it has algorithms for various arithmetic computational functions. If not, I'll be falling back on Salas Hille and Anderson.
I think I might have found online my "orange book" that I used to write the arithmetic code in PDP11 BASIC, the cover certainly looks right, but How much, Granville????

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.45
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2024
>_

Return to “past all-day virtual ABugs”