New Release: Retro Software's WHITE LIGHT by Sarah Walker

leenew

Re: New Release: Retro Software's WHITE LIGHT by Sarah Walker

Post by leenew »

Well this is embarrassing :oops:
The SSD on bbcmicro.co.uk had the HI file locked.
This stopped the game from re starting.
I can now confirm it works from my Master and datacentre beeb from floppy disc.
Move along.... nothing to see here... :- :-

Lee.
hoglet

Post by hoglet »

leenew wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27 pm Move along.... nothing to see here... :- :-
The earlier reported issues affecting MMFS, and in fact any filing system in writable sideways RAM, do still stand.
drfloyd

Post by drfloyd »

Just tried WHITE LIGHT ! Very great.

Sounds like a Amstrad CPC 6128 Game :) Perhaps better !

Very very difficult to play it with keyboard :( I have lot lot of "ATARI" Joystick, but not compatible
flyerblade

Post by flyerblade »

I'm very late to this party but White Light is absolutely brilliant. Awesome work Sarah! =D>
tricky

Post by tricky »

drfloyd wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:58 pm ...
Very very difficult to play it with keyboard :( I have lot lot of "ATARI" Joystick, but not compatible
People do sell Atari joystick adapters for the beeb and one of them even sells SEGA Master System game pad adapters so that you can have two fire buttons :-
See the github link in this post The Master List for New Retro Hardware

Or you could get a Master Compact, which does have an Atari compatible joystick port!
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

hoglet wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:53 pm With the MMFS work around (1), I have got this running properly on the Master
I'm unable to get White Light working properly on my Master with Master MMFS 1.49 (the non-SWRAM version): after I lose all my lives, the screen just goes black and the game hangs. I gather that's not supposed to happen and that I ought to be able to run the game normally on my setup..?

:?:
hoglet

Post by hoglet »

lurkio wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:53 pm
hoglet wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:53 pm With the MMFS work around (1), I have got this running properly on the Master
I'm unable to get White Light working properly on my Master with Master MMFS 1.49 (the non-SWRAM version): after I lose all my lives, the screen just goes black and the game hangs. I gather that's not supposed to happen and that I ought to be able to run the game normally on my setup..?
The work-around (1) - disabling interrupts during data transfers - was not something I was particularly comfortable committing, because it might well break other things. So this is not present in MMFS 1.49.

According to Sarah, these are known issues, hence the disclaimer on the White Light page on Retro Software :
Note: no forms of storage other than floppy drives are supported, though it has been tested on a BBC B/Master running from USB stick with Datacentre and also on a BBC Master with CF-Flash ADFS Hard Drive.
So unfortunately this failure is expected at present.

Dave
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

hoglet wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:56 am So unfortunately this failure is expected at present.
No problem. Thanks for clarifying.

:idea:

Return to “new bbc and electron games from 'retro software'”