Weekday 'Virtual' General session #34, Tuesday 28th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

threads for previous weeknight 'general' Acorn sessions
BigEd

Weekday 'Virtual' General session #34, Tuesday 28th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

Tonight there will be an ABUG General Session, at 7, on zoom. (General Sessions run on Tuesdays two or three times a month.)

Come and joins, to share the enjoyment we get from Acorn computing: things we bought, things we want, things we remember, things we've discovered, things we've learnt, things we've lost (but not things we've forgotten). Games, music, repairs and refurbishments, bargains found and overpriced items left well alone. Full attics and leaky sheds.

Acorn-related things, mostly, but we can talk about other things too.

For a flavour of a typical General session, see this previous thread.

For a bit of a heads-up nearer the time, subscribe to this thread using the spanner gadget below - I'll bump the thread beforehand.

Dave Arcadian adds:
N.B. By requesting a place at this event, you consent to receiving the Zoom logins in the form of a calendar invite sent via the ABug Google account to the email address you have associated with your Stardot account. If you have a different email address associated with your calendar (e.g. a Gmail account) then please update your registered Stardot forum email address with the correct address BEFORE requesting a place. Note we may issue the Zoom logins via PM instead, for example if we receive your request at short notice
Last edited by BigEd on Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigEd

Re: (Tonight!) Weekday 'Virtual' General session #34, Tuesday 28th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

Bump - tonight at 7, on zoom. General round table Acorn-centric discussion, as usual - no agenda, no prepared presentations, try to give everyone a chance to join in.
dominicbeesley

Re: (Tonight!) Weekday 'Virtual' General session #34, Tuesday 28th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by dominicbeesley »

I remembered and I'm free! See you soon - might have to duck out for my dinner though!
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

I've just got home! Is it too late to request a login?

Ta.

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.45
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2024
>_
BigEd

Re: Weekday 'Virtual' General session #34, Tuesday 28th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

Thanks everyone for an interesting discussion. I think we had 18 or so people turn up. I'm trying to make the space to allow everyone (who wants to) to bring their thing to the table. I don't propose any kind of timetable or formal queue. But maybe we should give any one topic no more than 20 or 25 minutes, or something like that. My feeling is that opening a conversation is a better way to make sure everyone gets a chance, as opposed to requiring people to jump in or step up.

It's not that everyone necessarily has something to say, but I think everyone should have the space to contribute. I'm thinking of a round table, not a panel with an audience.

Anyhow, send me a DM in the meeting if you feel the need, and give me feedback here or in a PM about how these sessions are going.

Return to “past weeknight 'general' acorn sessions”