ABUG Dev night #26, Thursday 23rd September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

threads for previous weeknight 'developer' sessions
BigEd

ABUG Dev night #26, Thursday 23rd September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

An early warning for your calendaring purposes: next Thursday there will be an ABUG Dev night, at 7, on zoom.

Come and discuss your Acorn-related dev projects, whether they be creating things, breaking things, or digging into things. Or even if your project is stuck... and if you haven't got a project, come along to hear about what's going on. Because somewhere, surely, someone has been doing something mighty interesting.

Hardware, software, tooling, emulators, games - all kinds of development and investigation are on topic.

For a flavour of a typical meeting, see this previous thread.

For a bit of a heads-up nearer the time, subscribe to this thread using the spanner gadget below. I'll bump this thread the day before and on the day, if I remember.

Edit: 19 or even 20 people turned up this time, including 2 or 3 new faces. Partly as a consequence, we didn't go round the room and hear from everyone, instead we had about 5 or 6 substantial discussions. I had to bale about half nine, hopefully more good things happened.

Edit: Dave Arcadian adds:
N.B. By requesting a place at this event, you consent to receiving the Zoom logins in the form of a calendar invite sent via the ABug Google account to the email address you have associated with your Stardot account. If you have a different email address associated with your calendar (e.g. a Gmail account) then please update your registered Stardot forum email address with the correct address BEFORE requesting a place. Note we may issue the Zoom logins via PM instead, for example if we receive your request at short notice.
Last edited by BigEd on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dudleysoft71

Re: (Next week) ABUG Dev night #26, Thursday 23rd September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by dudleysoft71 »

I seem to have lost my invites to the future events, I think something went wrong when the wrong invites were sent out last time.

I still want to attend as many of these as possible, and should be able to be there next Thursday.
James Watson - DudleySoft

BBC Model B 32K - PiTubeDirect, Pi1Mhz, Smally Mouse, Gotek, DFS/ADFS, 4xSWRAM.
BigEd

Re: (Next week) ABUG Dev night #26, Thursday 23rd September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

I'll PM you the details.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Hi James, I only created invites for September events - October's will follow soon.

I can see you've accepted the invite for the 23rd September Dev event (which contained the Zoom logins) so you should have everything you need for this one.

I can see that you're not currently on the invitee list for Tuesday sessions, but I think it's only the dev nights that you are interested in (is that right?).
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
dudleysoft71

Post by dudleysoft71 »

Yeah, I accepted the invites, for some reason Google has deleted them from my diary. :cry:

Ed has forwarded me the details, I'll create my own diary entry for the next one, and then I'll get next month's anyway so it's not a major issue. I only noticed that they had vanished last week when outlook didn't remind me when I turn on my PC to join the meeting.
James Watson - DudleySoft

BBC Model B 32K - PiTubeDirect, Pi1Mhz, Smally Mouse, Gotek, DFS/ADFS, 4xSWRAM.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

dudleysoft71 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:06 pm Yeah, I accepted the invites, for some reason Google has deleted them from my diary. :cry:

Ed has forwarded me the details, I'll create my own diary entry for the next one, and then I'll get next month's anyway so it's not a major issue. I only noticed that they had vanished last week when outlook didn't remind me when I turn on my PC to join the meeting.
Ah naughty Google! [-X

Can you let me know about the Tuesdays? I've a feeling you recently said that you'd prefer to stick to the Thursdays, but just want to make sure this is definitely the case before I issue a new set of invites for October...
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
BigEd

Re: (Soon!) ABUG Dev night #26, Thursday 23rd September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

Bump - this coming Thursday for the Dev Night. Expect a more technical orientation of discussion compared to a general session - we'll be talking about designing and building hardware, about writing games, emulators, filing systems, languages and tools, and about debugging and investigating all those things too.
gfoot

Post by gfoot »

Hey guys, I've seen a lot of these announcements but am never sure what the process is for signing up. What does one do please?
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I can PM you the zoom details, and/or Dave (Arcadian) can add you to the official invitations, so long as you're happy for your stardot mail address to be used in that way.
pixelblip

Post by pixelblip »

I'll drop in again. I will shutup this time I promise!
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Ha ha! No problem I think - the main thing is to make sure everyone who wants a go gets a space.
gfoot

Post by gfoot »

BigEd wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:10 pm I can PM you the zoom details, and/or Dave (Arcadian) can add you to the official invitations, so long as you're happy for your stardot mail address to be used in that way.
Thanks again for sending this. I'm happy for my details to be used for this, for sure.
archie456

Post by archie456 »

Hi Guys, I'd like to join the event - how do I get added to the invite list?

Cheers.
tricky

Re: (Tonight!) ABUG Dev night #26, Thursday 23rd September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by tricky »

Memory permitting, I'll be there, here, you know.
BigEd

Re: (Tonight!) ABUG Dev night #26, Thursday 23rd September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

ABUG dev night live in one hour!
hoglet

Post by hoglet »

BigEd wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:00 pm ABUG dev night live in one hour!
I'll be there!

Return to “past weeknight 'developer' sessions”