Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #25, Thursday 9th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

threads for previous weeknight 'developer' sessions
BigEd

Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #25, Thursday 9th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

An early warning this time: as usual, on the Thursday after the first Saturday of the month, which is to say in a week from today, there will be an ABUG Dev night, at 7, on zoom.

Come and discuss your Acorn-related dev projects, whether they be creating things, breaking things, or digging into things. Or even if your project is stuck... and if you haven't got a project, come along to hear about what's going on. Because somewhere, surely, someone has been doing something mighty interesting.

Hardware, software, tooling, emulators, games - all kinds of development are on topic.

For a flavour of a typical meeting, see this previous thread.

For a bit of a heads-up nearer the time, subscribe to this thread using the spanner gadget below.

Edit: Dave Arcadian adds:
N.B. By requesting a place at this event, you consent to receiving the Zoom logins in the form of a calendar invite sent via the ABug Google account to the email address you have associated with your Stardot account. If you have a different email address associated with your calendar (e.g. a Gmail account) then please update your registered Stardot forum email address with the correct address BEFORE requesting a place. Note we may issue the Zoom logins via PM instead, for example if we receive your request at short notice.
Last edited by BigEd on Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
BigEd

Re: (This week) Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #25, Thursday 9th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

Bump! Dev night this coming Thursday.
BigEd

Re: (Tonight!) Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #25, Thursday 9th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

Tonight - at 7.

My ideals for a good virtual ABUG are, I think:
- everyone had a good experience and would be back next time
- everyone who wanted advice, feedback, or help got it
- everyone who had something to say had a chance to contribute
- no-one got too annoyed or bored
- we pretty much stayed on topic
RobC

Re: (Tonight!) Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #25, Thursday 9th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by RobC »

Can't make it for 7 but I'll hopefully be along later.
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

Sorry I missed this, I got home from work so shattered I was barely awake.

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.45
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2024
>_
BigEd

Re: Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #25, Thursday 9th September 2021, 7pm - 10pm (BST)

Post by BigEd »

There'll be another one along before you know it!

I had to check out a bit after ten but I gather some people were still chatting at half-eleven.

Edit: we had a peak of 17 people, I think. A good turnout!

Feedback is welcome. For myself, I'm happy with the way we're proceeding - everyone who wants to has, hopefully, a chance to bring their retro world to the group, and sometimes we have a bit of a discursive conversation around that, and sometimes we don't. I'm always interested to know what people are up to and how it's going. From time to time we manage to help someone get over a hurdle of some sort, I think.

Return to “past weeknight 'developer' sessions”