Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #13, Thursday 11th March 2021, 7pm - 10pm (GMT)

threads for previous weeknight 'developer' sessions
Arcadian
Site Admin

Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #13, Thursday 11th March 2021, 7pm - 10pm (GMT)

Post by Arcadian »

As the new games and demo coding sections of the forum are currently very active, we are now hosting weeknight "Dev sessions" on Zoom, that are primarily focused on the development of new games and graphics/music demos for Acorn computers as well as development tools, emulators and debuggers.

They take place the week in-between the 2 x Tuesday night 'general' sessions on the Thursday evening, between 7pm and 10pm.

The sessions are intended for developers to share progress updates and request/offer help and feedback. We hope that these sessions will help motivate and encourage developers to see projects through to completion.

Just to be clear - these sessions are open to everyone: programmers, graphics artists and musicians, even if you've just got an interest/appreciation of - or ideas for - new games and demos, please come along for moral support - there may be opportunities to beta-test new versions of upcoming projects :). There really isn't a limit to the number of places available - well, the maximum we can host in a Zoom meeting is 100 but it's unlikely we'll ever get anywhere near that figure!

If there are any issues you'd like help with - or would like to demonstrate something - please leave details in the thread and we'll add them to the lists of items to be covered.

If you are new to Zoom, forum member JudgeBeeb has written a handy guide to getting set up and logged in.

I've already sent invites out to most of the Dev Night regulars, but should anybody else want to attend - or if you haven't received the Zoom logins - please post in this thread and I will issue a calendar invite email that contains the logins.

Note: by requesting a place at this event, you consent to receiving the Zoom logins in the form of a calendar invite sent via the ABug Google account to the email address you have associated with your Stardot account. If you have a different email address associated with your calendar (e.g. a Gmail account) please PM me to let me know the email address you'd like us to use. Alternately, we can issue you with the Zoom logins via PM if absolutely necessary, though this is non-preferred as it does add to the admin process.

Attended:
  1. Arcadian (Dave, organising)
  2. Kecske Bak (Dave)
  3. Tricky (Richard)
  4. dudleysoft71 (James)
  5. oss003 (Kees)
  6. chrissaerw (Chris)
  7. RobC (Rob)
  8. 0xC0DE
  9. chrisn (Chris)
  10. dominic (B)
  11. cardboardguru (Steve)
  12. markdryan (Mark)
  13. spanners (David)
  14. BigEd (Ed)
  15. Pernod (Nigel)
  16. dp11 (Dominic P)
  17. flibble (Peter)
  18. Leornard Vettori
  19. sPhilMainwaring (Phil)
  20. scarybeasts (Chris)
  21. philpem (Phil)
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
0xC0DE

Re: Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #13, Thursday 11th March 2021, 7pm - 10pm (GMT)

Post by 0xC0DE »

I'll be there.
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
dudleysoft71

Re: Weeknight 'Virtual' Dev session #13, Thursday 11th March 2021, 7pm - 10pm (GMT)

Post by dudleysoft71 »

I'll be there there's something I want some advice about to do with the PiTubeDirect.
James Watson - DudleySoft

BBC Model B 32K - PiTubeDirect, Pi1Mhz, Smally Mouse, Gotek, DFS/ADFS, 4xSWRAM.
scarybeasts

Post by scarybeasts »

Hi,

Phil Pemberton and I will be showing up and at close of this session (10pm), we'l record an addendum to our talk on recovering the Repton 3 source discs. Anyone is welcome to stay on and listen in.

We'd be happy to answer any more questions on this topic if it's of interesting to anyone!

Cheers
Chris
Diminished

Post by Diminished »

scarybeasts wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:30 amrecovering the Repton 3 source discs
Sorry for the derail. I've been out of the loop for a bit so this has left me speechless. I thought this was gone forever. Legendary.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

So, who has something to show or talk about this evening? We currently have an open schedule between 7 and 10!
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Arcadian wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:35 pm So, who has something to show or talk about this evening? We currently have an open schedule between 7 and 10!
I could briefly show the latest version of Electrobots. Some changes from the version shown last Saturday. (and maybe not everybody saw that anyway)
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
chrissawer

Post by chrissawer »

As mentioned last time I can do a short demo of the work I've been doing on python unit tests for 6502 assembler (15 minute slot is plenty)
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Running order for tonight:

7pm - 8pm
- General chat
- Programming help (inc PiTube Direct, dudleysoft71 & 6502 Disassembler, oss003)

8pm - 10pm

Chris Sawer
- Python unit tests for 6502 (15 mins)

0xC0DE
- More on Electrobots

Mark D Ryan
- Subtilis

Cardboardguru (Steve)
- Tazz-mania

Dominic B
- Wordsearch program

Then at 10pm ...

Scarybeasts (Chris) and PhilPem (Phil) will be 'recording' a brief update to their Repton 3 Source disc recovery talk from Saturday.

Return to “past weeknight 'developer' sessions”