The SIGMA Experiment - Complete adventure

development and releases of new/rewritten text adventures
leenew

The SIGMA Experiment - Complete adventure

Post by leenew »

Hi,
Here is the SIGMA Experiment.
A 5-part text adventure game presented in the style of Brian Howarth/Scott Adams.
Written from scratch in BASIC simply because I wanted to.

It contains all 5 parts that have been created whilst in lockdown :wink:

Thank you very much to all my testers and players. It would not be anywhere near as bug-free if it wasn't for your enthusiasm, dilligence, and utter madness in trying to reach every hidden corner of these games. =D>
So thank you lurkio, melchett, RodC, iamaran, fuzzel and anyone else who has had a go.

A special thanks to lurkio for doing the 4 title screens, for bug-testing the first part alone and in secret,
coming up with the insane hoax backstory that created a bit of hype for the first game, for doing a mega-crunch on part 2, which simply would not fit into a standard beeb, and for trying repeatedly to teach me the right way to use IF-THEN-ELSE (without success).

release version 3 (29th January 2021 1.30pm) (very minor change within messaging.)
Disc999-SigmaExperiment.dsd
(400 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Aran has uploaded walkthroughs to CASA and made some nice maps. - Thanks.

One oddity new players may notice. There is no SAVE facility.
So, although the parts are all quite short, if you need to save, then I suggest using an emulator and using save-states :D

Originally, the game was going to "jump" between the parts in any order, and this made SAVE a bit tricky.
Now, if you play the game from the beginning, you will play SIGMA, ALPHA, BRAVO, CHARLIE1 and CHARLIE2 in that order.
Anyone who can finish the game in 1 sitting, avoiding the hundreds of ways you can be killed, deserves a medal.
I absolutely love feedback, so if you find a bug, quirk, or anything you don't think is right - please let me know.

Lee.
Last edited by leenew on Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
melchett

Re: The SIGMA Experiment - Complete adventure

Post by melchett »

Great to see this combined Lee - does it work on a standard BBC B or does it still need a Master 128 sometimes with Co-Pro?
leenew

Post by leenew »

Hi,
It is good to go on a normal 32K model B beeb :D
If you ever play any of the games again, I am still open to feedback :wink:

Lee.
leenew

Post by leenew »

Will update the first post with release version 2 in a bit.
This will fix a strange bug whilst trying to streak round the facility in your undies...
see here: viewtopic.php?p=305758#p305758

Lee.

Return to “new projects and releases: text and graphic adventures”