BBC BASIC GitHub files

for discussion of bbc basic for windows/sdl, brandy and more
Deleted User 9295

BBC BASIC GitHub files

Post by Deleted User 9295 »

Because so many editions of BBC BASIC can be built from the files at my GitHub repository (seven editions of BBC BASIC for SDL 2.0 and four Console Mode editions) it can be a little difficult to work out what source file is used for what. So I've amused myself by producing this little diagram (in BBC BASIC of course); I hope it is useful:

bbcsdl_architecture.png

The files in green constitute the generic BBC BASIC interpreter which is shared by all the editions. The files in the red box are used to build the Console Mode editions. The files in the blue box are used to build the SDL 2.0 editions. The files in brown run in the GUI (main) thread, all the others run in the interpreter thread.

The files with the 1 and 2 superscripts are CPU-specific and the different variants are listed below (not all exist!). Note that bbasmb_wasm32.c isn't an assembler, but has been used as a convenient place to put the function wrappers needed to support SYS in the browser edition. Not indicated in the diagram is that the in-browser edition uses different versions of bbc.h and bbcsdl.h from the rest.

Return to “modern implementations of classic programming languages”