Demo for The CODE Show [Acorn Electron]

new graphics/music demos - bitshifters, 0xc0de, The Master + others
0xC0DE

Demo for The CODE Show [Acorn Electron]

Post by 0xC0DE »

I made this demo for (and about) The CODE Show, a traveling computing museum. See https://thecodeshow.info/

Full video: https://youtu.be/uzKF0-XArwg

Disk image (Acorn Electron):

the-code-show.ssd
(17.25 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

Works best on a real Electron. Second best: Electrem emulator.

1.png
2.png
3.png
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
roland

Re: Demo for The CODE Show [Acorn Electron]

Post by roland »

An amazing demo, as usual =D>

Are the distortions in the Youtube cause by recording or are they intended that way? I guess it's the second option :)
FPGAtom: 512 KB RAM, Real Time Clock and 64 colours
MAN WOMAN :shock:
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Thank you Roland, and yes, those glitches are 100% intentional :mrgreen:
0xC0DE
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
oss003

Post by oss003 »

NIce job ...... also creating glitches you normally want to get rid of ...... :lol:

Greetings
Kees
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Thanks Kees! Yes indeed. The Electron usually doesn't suffer from glitches so it was fun thinking about how to create them intentionally :shock:
0xC0DE
VectorEyes

Post by VectorEyes »

Lovely demo! I recall you showing a version of this to me at ABUG in January (it seems so long ago now!)

The CODE Show looks great as well, what a lovely idea. Perhaps once lockdown eases they can visit my child's school...
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Thanks! It does seem a long time ago when I saw you trying to hunt down a bug in one of the effects that found its way into Evil Influences! :mrgreen:

However, I hate to challenge your memory but none of this demo actually existed back then :lol:
Maybe the colour cycling bar reminded you of my Bouncing Basketball demo?
0xC0DE
VectorEyes

Post by VectorEyes »

0xC0DE wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:36 am Thanks! It does seem a long time ago when I saw you trying to hunt down a bug in one of the effects that found its way into Evil Influences! :mrgreen:

However, I hate to challenge your memory but none of this demo actually existed back then :lol:
Maybe the colour cycling bar reminded you of my Bouncing Basketball demo?
Ah yes, the interlocking circles effect? I was still a long way from having a stable framework at that point!

I honestly thought that you'd showed me some of those effects at ABUG! Not even the monochrome images of the different computers? If it has literally all been created since then, then indeed my memory is playing tricks on me!
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

VectorEyes wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:09 am Ah yes, the interlocking circles effect? I was still a long way from having a stable framework at that point!
Yes that one. I briefly tried something similar with the odd and even PAL fields of the always-on interlaced display of the Electron (and it works) but has a horrible 25fps flicker (which is quite logical if you think about it). Would love to exchange ideas on how to improve that one day.
VectorEyes wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:09 am I honestly thought that you'd showed me some of those effects at ABUG! Not even the monochrome images of the different computers? If it has literally all been created since then, then indeed my memory is playing tricks on me!
It has literally all been created in the past few weeks: the logo, the monochrome computer images from the originals on the website, the glitch effect, etc. etc. Sorry mate, it must be your memory! :mrgreen:
0xC0DE
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

Thanks tricky, much appreciated!
0xC0DE

Return to “new projects and releases: demoscene”