DEMOSCENE TOP DEMO

new graphics/music demos - bitshifters, 0xc0de, The Master + others
drfloyd

DEMOSCENE TOP DEMO

Post by drfloyd »

Hello

there is a top of the best demoscene on BBC B/Master ?????

I want to see the power of the BBC computers :)

I found this on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_nTOLdhQXY

is it one the best ?
tricky

Re: DEMOSCENE TOP DEMO

Post by tricky »

bitshifters and Sarah do most (all?) of them, but you could also take a look on pouet.net.
drfloyd

Post by drfloyd »

whaouuuu great demos !!!!

I NEED A BBC COMPUTER !!!!!!
Naomasa298

Post by Naomasa298 »

drfloyd wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:33 pm whaouuuu great demos !!!!

I NEED A BBC COMPUTER !!!!!!
I count at least 15 BBC Bs being sold on ebay right now and at least 7 BBC Masters.
VectorEyes

Post by VectorEyes »

You'll need a BBC Master to run most of the recent demos!

Also, in around a week's time there'll be another one to add to the list... assuming I don't collapse from lack of sleep before Saturday!
drfloyd

Post by drfloyd »

So fun demos !

unbelievable that this computer was consider only as educational in the 80' ! It was a bomb ! (perhaps just the color palettwas a little sad)

We has an educational computer in France (TO7,MO5), but is was shity bloody rubbish (correct term ? LOL)... it was slow, sprites in 1 color, inferior to ZX Spectrum, with no evolution possible....

But anyway your computer was a success in UK. I don't know if Acorn sell more BBC Computer than Amstrad & Commodore in your country ?

I know that Acorn had no interest to distrib around the world his computers (same thing for the Archimedes)... In France we have seen the Electron, but no success (Amstrad won ALL the market)
Naomasa298

Post by Naomasa298 »

drfloyd wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:37 am I know that Acorn had no interest to distrib around the world his computers (same thing for the Archimedes)... In France we have seen the Electron, but no success (Amstrad won ALL the market)
They certainly did have an interest. They had some success in Australia, and tried to crack the American market (and apparently, India) but failed. There was even an Acorn dealer in the country that I lived in, in the Middle East.
drfloyd

Post by drfloyd »

Amstrad just success in France because of the package price very attractive
0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE »

VectorEyes wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:33 am You'll need a BBC Master to run most of the recent demos!

Also, in around a week's time there'll be another one to add to the list... assuming I don't collapse from lack of sleep before Saturday!
Good luck and I'm looking forward to another great release! (the bar will be higher every time :shock: )
0xC0DE
"I program my home computer / Beam myself into the future"
:arrow: Follow me on Twitter
:arrow: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my games and demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro
Dave_E

Post by Dave_E »

@dr_floyd Assuming you are French, do you happen to know if there was ever any French language Acorn Electron games released? There were definitely some Acornsoft German and Dutch releases in big boxes (they are very rare and almost impossible to find) and I managed to get a French Electron complete with SECAM converter and French PSU about 20 years ago. It came with an official French user guide.

However, I've never seen a French translation of the Introductory Cassette that came bundled with the UK Electron. There is a German version of this.

Any information greatly appreciated, even if you see anything official many, many years in the future...

Return to “new projects and releases: demoscene”