Isolating myself - for three months !!!!!!!!!!!

for all subjects/topics not covered by the other forum categories
RetroBob

Re: Isolating myself - for three months !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by RetroBob »

SimonSideburns wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:11 am I checked my temperature today with a digital thermometer in the ear, and at one point it said 38.7 and then an hour later it read 35.7. Guess that's not to be relied upon all that much.
I suspect we have the same thermometer! Since temperature is relative thing, one quick qualitative thing I do is just put my hand on my wife's head and my kids head (or whoever) and if there's a difference you can feel it. Probably wouldn't work say if one person had just come in from outside.
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

Pernod wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:18 am Keep me posted, always enjoy going through another ROM collection :)
Attached is a list of the ROMs I have found so far. The aim is to package these on SSD images so that they are easy to access for anyone who wants them. :D
Attachments
BBC ROMs.csv
(13.37 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey »

SimonSideburns wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:11 am My wife had unusually high temperature (41.2°C at one point) last week so we've been self-isolating too.
Poor old Phoebe has been relegated to gentle exercise in the back garden, although even she has to take it easy for now as she had her spay operation just over a week ago. She seems to be recovering quite well, and the scar is looking like it is healing fine.
I'm hoping Phoebe is the dog and not the wife! :shock:

Stay safe & sane everyone! :D
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

flaxcottage wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:42 pm Attached is a list of the ROMs I have found so far. The aim is to package these on SSD images so that they are easy to access for anyone who wants them. :D
Thanks, didn't notice anything unknown amongst them, but will take a closer look at versions when they're available.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
RetroBob

Post by RetroBob »

How's everyone doing? Time to learn something new? Doing more cooking? Barely scraping by?

Me... I have a (nearly) 3 year old and a 4 month old so busy with them. my Beeb and A3000 work is making slow progress!
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Contrast and compare:

There are lots of people volunteering to go back to the NHS to help, or helping to distribute food, medicine or other supplies to people who are at high risk (shielding) or who are unable to shop for themselves. Some bus and coach company staff are helping by driving transport ambulances (not 999 ambulances) to move patients around.

You also have key workers, some of which are not exactly paid big money for the work that they do, that are keeping the country running, who are risking going to work, including but not limited to NHS staff including nurses, doctors, drivers, cleaners and porters, care home staff, plus bus drivers, railway staff, tube staff, truck drivers, distribution workers, postal workers, parcel and delivery company workers, grocery, supermarket and other shop workers, civil servants (handling benefit claims as well as running governments and councils), firefighters, and power station workers. [ I apologise in advance, because I am bound to have left out various other groups of essential or other key workers].

Also radio and TV staff, plus news reporters (and all associated behind the scenes staff) who are helping to keep us informed and entertained.

Now compare this to all the selfish idiots that despite extensive media coverage, panic buy and hoard food and supplies, who travel unnecessarily, who crowd together, who think that the restrictions don’t apply to them. Or who spread fake news, misleading information or dismiss this pandemic as being fiction, or who dismiss this COVID19 Corona virus as not being a serious medical problem.

I’m currently self isolating because it’s possible that a family member may have had COVID19 Corona virus (that was worrying enough). But the fourteen days is NOTHING compared to the TWELVE WEEKS that people who should shield themselves will have to endure (people with existing medical conditions, the old and frail). And when you have a family member that fits into one of these groups, that means you (including me) have to extra careful to not get infected yourself, or to bring the virus home with you and unintentionally infect said family member (which is exactly the situation I’m in).

It all really brings home what is important in life.

For those that don’t get it, people (including family and friends) are important, not greed, money and delusions of power.

If only these selfish people would actually THINK OF OTHERS before acting only in their own self interest.

Mark
flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage »

Hear, hear!! =D> =D> =D>

If one factors in probabilities it becomes even more scary.

My wife and I are in the category where we each probably stand about a 90% chance of surviving this thing. For both of us to survive that drops to about 80%.
- John

Check out the Educational Software Archive at www.flaxcottage.com
gidandridge

Post by gidandridge »

Well said Mark!! =D> =D> =D>
:D
Gav. :D

BBC Model B Sidewise ROM Board, GoSDC, Datacentre, Hybrid Music 5000
Acorn Electron Plus 1, AP6, GoSDC, Slogger Pegasus 400
Deleted User 9118

Post by Deleted User 9118 »

Hi all,

I guess we're approaching the flip-side now, pending the 2nd wave.

How are you all doing?

We Dutchies are back at race baiting while our grannies are dying in care homes.....

It's disgusting........
CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall »

just doing what the politicians do, driving 260 miles to the nearest baby sitter :lol:

serious note, kids sending mother's crazy, neighbours have all lost their jobs, am a 'key worker' :roll: , so just washing hands more, & overtime has now been banned , so only working 2/3 of a normal day :D
ImageImageImage
Wheel_nut

Post by Wheel_nut »

Hello All,

It is some time since (Col's) post and I hope that you have all survived the lockdown whether mandated or self-imposed. For myself, I made my 75th Birthday under self-imposed lockdown in June and am glad to say that my immediate family have stayed safe from the dreaded Virus.

My collection of Beebs has kept me entertained and thanks to KenLowe, Hoglet, BigEd et al. I have explored the wonders of adding a Raspberry Pi co-processor and PiTube Direct. I have to admit to not having mastered flying Elite but it re-kindled my obsession with Aviator and the Microsoft Flight Simulator in preparation for the soon to be released 2020 release.

I hope that you have all escaped infection, especially those of you who are shielding for medical reasons. Stay safe and stay active on these fora which have given me many hours of reading....

Robin
Like Life, the Beeb is about the Journey, not the Destination
BBC B Issue 7 + 1770 DFS + Dual Floppy; MMFSv2 & 4x16K SWRAM
BBC B Issue 7 + 8271 DFS + Dual Floppy + Speech
BBC B Issue 7 + 8271 DFS + Floppy + PiTubeDirect on KenLowe's Tube Level Shifter

Return to “off-topic”