Frogger strangeness

sydney

Frogger strangeness

Post by sydney »

So I'm busy tonight preparing a disk image for use at the Wakefield high score challenge when I noticed the colours on Frogger by Tricky looked wrong. This is running on a master with a videonula, beebscsi and gotek - no other addons. Any ideas?
IMG_20190320_204738.jpg
Disc108-FroggerRSCB.png
Spot the difference?
CMcDougall

Re: Frogger strangeness

Post by CMcDougall »

think the gypsies have tarred your pavement on the cheap as usuall, then its rained... :lol:
ImageImageImage
danielj

Post by danielj »

It can detect the NULA and make the colours more arcade-y :)

d.
sydney

Post by sydney »

danielj wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:44 pm It can detect the NULA and make the colours more arcade-y :)

d.
Really? I never knew that. I did a search on the forum for frogger and videonula just in case tricky had utilised it in some way but found nothing. I'm not sure I like it as the grass colour clashes with the frog colour and it's hard to see the frog.
sydney

Post by sydney »

Still confused. Is this still how it should look?
It looks like I need to have my videonula reprogrammed. Luckily Rob will be at Wakefield so that shouldn't be a problem.
RobC

Post by RobC »

sydney wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:11 pm It looks like I need to have my videonula reprogrammed. Luckily Rob will be at Wakefield so that shouldn't be a problem.
I'll be there with my programming kit for anyone who needs their NuLAs updated. It only takes a minute or two.
tricky

Post by tricky »

As a temporary fix, I seem to remember that you can tell the nula to stop listening until a break, but maybe I imagines it!

PS it doesn't actually try to detect a nula as it can't, but programs the nula palette and then reprograms the normal palette in case there was no nula and it has just messed up the beeb palette. Remember too quit with escape if you would like to have the usual palette restored.
Last edited by tricky on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobC

Post by RobC »

tricky wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:24 pm As a temporary fix, I seem to remember that you can tell the nula to stop listening until a break, but maybe I imagines it!
You've not imagined it. You can turn off the extra features with *VNDISABLE if you've got the ROM fitted or ?&FE22=&50 if not.

Return to “trickysoft (new bbc micro games)”