Holed Out RAM Version

having trouble with an archived file? post in here!
Michael Brown

Holed Out RAM Version

Post by Michael Brown »

Hi All,

Please can someone kindly copy the image of Disc070 (below) onto a floppy disc and then load it into a real BBC and see what happens with Holed Out.

As with the Dunjunz RAM version before...

1) Load it into a normal BBC B with no Sideways RAM and no Datacentre and see if you get the error messages.
2) Load it into a BBC with just a Datacentre with only 1 spare bank and see if you still get the error messages.
3) Load it into a BBC with no datacentre, but a sideways RAM board with 2 spare banks (4 and 5) and see if it loads and works correctly as it does under emulation.

If this is the correct fix, then I will also add it to the other Holed Out games as they suffer the same error.

Please let me know if I have finally got this right or not.

regards,
Mick.
Disc070.zip
(154.45 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Last edited by Michael Brown on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
cmorley

Re: Holed Out RAM Version

Post by cmorley »

Michael Brown wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:31 am 3) Load it into a BBC with no datacentre, but a sideways RAM board with 2 spare banks (4 and 5) and see if it loads and works correctly as it does under emulation.
Seems to load & play. I hit a ball almost 10 yards with a 1 wood.

Does it have to be hardcoded to banks 4&5?

P.S. Don't own a datacentre so can't try with that.
Last edited by cmorley on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Yes it is set in the machine code to load into banks 4 and 5.
This was changed by me some years ago so that I could play it under BeebEm as that emulator doesn't seem to use banks 1,2 or 3.

regards,
Mick.

PS Did you try the Dunjuz RAM game which also loads into banks 4 and 5 (due to the same issue with BeebEm)?
Last edited by Michael Brown on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

Michael Brown wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:57 pm PS Did you try the Dunjuz RAM game which also loads into banks 4 and 5 (due to the same issue with BeebEm)?
I just tried Dunjunz now from the disc image in your other thread. It loads on a real BBC too. I played a few screens but nothing more.
Michael Brown

Post by Michael Brown »

Fantastic news!

Mick.
leenew

Post by leenew »

cmorley wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:25 pm
Michael Brown wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:57 pm PS Did you try the Dunjuz RAM game which also loads into banks 4 and 5 (due to the same issue with BeebEm)?
I just tried Dunjunz now from the disc image in your other thread. It loads on a real BBC too. I played a few screens but nothing more.
Hi,
What setup do you have it running on?

Lee
cmorley

Post by cmorley »

leenew wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:10 pm What setup do you have it running on?
A normal issue 7 model B with 8271 disk interface and DFS 1.2. I used two of my sideways RAM modules (available for sale :wink: ) to get banks 4&5 as SRAM.
Chris
lurkio

Post by lurkio »

To get Dunjunz running from RamFS (on a DataCentre), you have to disable DFS if you have DFS installed. (Probably best to disable any other filesystem too.)

See the Dunjunz Compatibility Matrix for more details.

:idea:

Return to “archive issues”