ABUG SOUTH 1 to 3 June 2018 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

threads for previous physical ABug events held in the UK
flibble

Re: ABUG SOUTH 1 to 3 June 2018 (Hampshire) BOOKING THREAD

Post by flibble »

Thanks to Robert for arranging this one, it was great.

And also thanks in no particular order too,
- cmorley for helping me update my BeebSCSI so it could see the second partition
- hoglet for pitube direct support and a brilliant 'pre done' beebscsi hard disc with DOS on
- DaveH, and his 'no Electron left behind' policy, for using the scope to find the broken socket on my Electron.
- Prime for all his advice and loan of tools.

And surely I can't be the only one waiting patiently for z0m8ied0g's "CMOS in the cloud" product :lol:
druck

Post by druck »

It was really nice to go along to an event so close to home, so I hope you come to Camberley again next year. I wish I'd had more time to look around, but between trying to keep the 4 year old and the 2 year old boys under control (Model A and Model B as I call them), and then the wife insisting I convert Microbit Touch script programs to Python, I only had time for a game of Chuckie Egg and a roast dinner. :D
SimonSideburns

Post by SimonSideburns »

I'm going to make it my mission to attend this event next year, with a reasonable amount of kit, van, wife in tow and try to make a weekend of it.

If the photos of this years event are anything to go by this can only go from strength to strength for years to come.
Just remember kids, Beeb spelled backwards is Beeb!
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

It was great to have a really good amount of space - both the desk space, and the free space in the room. A bit of a luxury - Leicester has to work with smaller rooms. But it would be good not to expand at all costs. I'd be tempted to suggest that a proportion of places - say a quarter or a fifth - should be kept back for people who haven't been to a meetup in the past 12 months.
owlart

Post by owlart »

JudgeBeeb wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:32 pm Even though I say so myself, that all went rather well. Thanks to everyone for being such great fun. It really was a pleasure organising this event. Thanks, in particular, to everyone who gave me help and suggestions regarding my Teensy project.

I am hoping to organise another event at the same location next year, maybe, subject to everyone's thoughts, in February.

In the meantime, next stop (hopefully), Cambridge and then Leicester.

Finally, I am officially renaming this thread, the Master Games Cartridge Order Thread and putting my name at the top of the list. :lol:
Thanks for organising this, it was a fun day out on Sunday.

Just a thought about organising it in February next year, the RISC OS SouthWest Show is on Sat 16th Feb 2019, so it would be good not to clash with that!
Bagpuss

Post by Bagpuss »

Huge thanks to Robert for organising this, and for his help in getting the 1MHz Bus on my B working again.

Massive thanks to Phill for all his help is getting the two Apple IIs up and running again.
A shining example of what makes this community such a great place to be involved in.

Thank you, both.

Was also lovely to put faces to names, even if I didn't get chance to chat to as many people as I would have liked.
Really hope this event can run again next year, as it was a great venue and much easier for me to get to than any of the others (living in Cornwall is nice, but it's a hell of a long way from everywhere).

Andy.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless.

Return to “past physical ABug events (UK)”