A&B Computing Adventurescape adventure games

having trouble with an archived file? post in here!
leenew

A&B Computing Adventurescape adventure games

Post by leenew »

Hi,
I am trying to attribute all the games from A&B computing on bbcmicro.co.uk.
I am making a note of the issue the game was published in, the year, the author and whether it was compatible with a Model A/Model B etc. etc.
I think I have updated all the games from the magazines onto the website, and I have sent all the games that are missing over to Mick to put on his upcoming discs. :D

A&B Computing released a very good adventure authoring system called Adventurescape in the July 1985 issue, along with a type-in for "Lost In Xanadu".
The system was upgraded in the November 1985 issue, and they gave readers an option to purchase "Amnesia" adventure on disc.
The system got its Version III upgrade in the May 1986 issue along with a type-in for the brilliant "Murder at the Abbey".
A&B computing also released for sale an "Adventure Crazy" disc which advertised that it contained the Adventurescape competition winners (which were ANTHROSIN and JUNGLE QUEST) PLUS 2002, Jungle, Snow Queen and Live Aid adventures. I first saw this in the March 1986 issue.
*Is "Jungle" simply Jungle Quest, or Silicon Jungle?

The stairway to hell archive has a disc which contains all the "Adventure Crazy" games PLUS Pobjoy Special, Island Adventure, Creepy adventure and Silicon Jungle.

So, THE QUESTION IS.. did ALL of these games originate on the "Adventure Crazy" disc? if not, then what is the origin of POBJOY SPECIAL, SILICON JUNGLE, CREEPY ADVENTURE, and ISLAND ADVENTURE?
Is the STH disc the "Adventure Crazy" disc? or did Arcadian make it?
Dave?

Thank you,

Lee.
leenew

Re: A&B Computing Adventurescape adventure games

Post by leenew »

Long shot... Does anyone (especially BillCar??) have A&B Disc DB13 which is the "Adventure Crazy" adventurescape disc 1.

Lee.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Hi, I no longer have the discs (BillCarr may well have since inherited them?) but I certainly didn't 'make' any of those menus up - all four adventure discs in the A&B disc archive on STH would have been imaged from original, labelled A&B discs.
Please subscribe to the ABug YouTube channel!
leenew

Post by leenew »

That's great info Dave.
It sounds to me that the disc in the STH archive is indeed the "Adventure Crazy" adventurescape disc from 1986.
I will update the website to reflect this in the morning.

Lee.
leenew

Post by leenew »

All A&B entries on bbcmicro.co.uk are now updated and attributed for author/year/issue of publication etc.
I think I have got the commercial releases correct too.
http://bbcmicro.co.uk/index.php?rt_R=on ... =on&sortu=
If a game was published in the magazine it is a "magazine" release, but if it only appeared on a disc that you had to purchase, it is a "commercial" release.
Some discs contain games that were published first in the magazine, so they have been marked as "magazine".
Right... back to Beebug.

Lee.
billcarr2005

Post by billcarr2005 »

The only A&B disks I have are Adventurescape DB20:Amnesia/Xanadu and DB20:The Generator

Return to “archive issues”