Can someone help me setup my bbc emulator?

if a game from either archive (bbc or electron) isn't working properly, please document it here
sith

Re: Can someone help me setup my bbc emulator?

Post by sith »

ive looked into it a little and i have done what i think is right? set up a beebem directory. when i go to run the beebem exe it says dll files needed. i have got the dll files from here (sth) but i dont dare add them to my windows/system folder. is it safe? i take it everyone else here needed to do this?<br>
The other thing is. in my main bbc folder that holds all the files and folders, theres a beebem.exe in there and when i run that i get a little window with the bbc start up screen. it doesnt come up with dll files needed message like the other one in my beebem folder.(that i got from the intelbin older). <br>
i then click on load disc 0 and do the shift and f12 to run the test.sdd file but nothing happens?<br>
Its doing my head in! please help! I'll be quicker to get the bbc down from the attic!

<p></p><i></i>
sith

Re: Can someone help me setup my bbc emulator?

Post by sith »

I still haven't added the files to my system folder but i think i'll try it over the weekend. i also tried the model b emulator. i did everything it says to do in the txt file. and when i go to run the emulator it comes up with something like cannot read os12.rom. do i have to take the extension off like you do with the beebem one? I think i tried it and still dosent work?<br>
Can someone please help me!!!!!??????<br>
Why are these boards so dead? the bbc is great!

<p></p><i></i>
AJH

BeebEm setup

Post by AJH »

The BeebEm directory should hold all .dll files required<br>
Here is a list of files in my BeebEm folder:<br>
beebemROMMgr.exe<br>
beebemeebem.ini<br>
beebemRelayON.SND<br>
beebemRelayOff.SND<br>
beebemzlib.dll<br>
beebemuef.dll<br>
beebemexample.cfg<br>
beebemBeebEm.exe<br>
beebemBeebState<br>
beebemDiscIms<br>
beebemIntelbin<br>
beebemTapes<br>
beebemREADME.1ST<br>
beebemBeebFile<br>
beebemmakefile.base<br>
beebemBeebEm.aps<br>
beebemMSVCIRT.DLL<br>
beebemMSVCIRTD.DLL<br>
beebemmsvcrt.dll<br>
beebemMSVCRTD.DLL<br>
beebemRoms.cfg<br>
<br>
And here a list of files in my BeebFile folder:<br>
beebemBeebFilewdfs.rom (or other dfs rom)<br>
beebemBeebFileos12.rom<br>
beebemBeebFileasic2.rom<br>
beebemBeebFilednfs.rom<br>
beebemBeebFile6502Tube.rom<br>
<br>
If you have no dfs rom you cannot shift break etc.

<p></p><i></i>
sith

win xp

Post by sith »

After having pc problems i am back but with windows xp. will the bbc emulator work with xp????

<p></p><i></i>
melchett

Re: Win XP

Post by melchett »

All of the BBC emulators that I have tried under Win XP have worked flawlessly including BeebEm, Model-B, B-Em, PCBBC and JBeeb. All of these emulators also come with all the necessary files to run them (other than Model-B where there's a separate set of DLLs you *may* have to download if they are not already on your system).<br>
<br>
If you're still having trouble, let me know...

<p></p><i></i>
sith

Can someone help me setup my bbc emulator?

Post by sith »

Hi i have the latest version, using windows 98. I know its unstable on 98 but many have it working. i have also downloaded the 3 files needed. now what do i do? Ive tried reading the readme txt files but i get lost. Maybe its the whisky? Please help me!? i want to play my favorite games again!<br>
I still on my bbc model b and all the games ,tape player, disc drive etc but its collecting dust in the attic. Please help me!<br>
Strykers runs here we go!

<p></p><i></i>

Return to “problems”