Crazee Rider

having trouble with an archived file? post in here!
oldfogie

Crazee Rider

Post by oldfogie »

I downloaded the disk image from the site ages ago and run it with beebem. However, I can't play the game because I haven't yet been able to find any keyboard controls that operate the speed or position of the bike. Does anyone know how to get it to work or will it only work with a joystick?
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

On BeebEm menu bar, select Options > Default Keyboard Mapping and then you should find that Left & Right are Z & X and Throttle & Brake are (on my laptop keyboard) /? & '@. Keyboard & Joystick are toggled by K and Sound/Quiet are toggled by S.

Don't know if there are any other keys - not familiar with this game (which is another way of saying I'm crap at it :) )

Martin
oldfogie

Post by oldfogie »

Thank you :D

Even with the keys working, though, I'm not as good as it as I used to be...yet .
CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall »

MartinB wrote:Options > Default Keyboard Mapping
yeah, that had me stumpt aswell :roll:
wonder why its not installed/set up like that anyways :?

Flippin ace game this :D wee corners 137mph, big corners 128mph (if i mind rightly), knock everyone off when passing 8)
ImageImageImage
MartinB

Post by MartinB »

If you select the default key mapping as discussed and then do a 'Save Preferences' (also in the Options menu), BeebEm will start up in default from then on :wink:

Martin
oldfogie

Post by oldfogie »

MartinB wrote:If you select the default key mapping as discussed and then do a 'Save Preferences' (also in the Options menu), BeebEm will start up in default from then on :wink:

Martin
Excellent! :D

Unfortunately, I now have a new problem as I have already regained enough of my old prowess to qualify for Anderstorp....but it keeps crashing, especially in the home straight in the run up to the finish line :x
CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall »

^^ play it on ModelB emulator then, or get electron emualtor and play elk version.
ImageImageImage
oldfogie

Post by oldfogie »

Model B seems to work perfectly. Unfortunately, I am rapidly remembering how addictive this game is :oops:

Shame it only had about 6 levels because I will be at Brands Hatch before too long only at least I know now why I could never qualify from this track.

Return to “archive issues”