jBiplane gets a mention in Retro Gamer magazine !!

jbnbeeb

jBiplane gets a mention in Retro Gamer magazine !!

Post by jbnbeeb »

Hi there,
I've just received my copy of Retro Gamer - and jBiplane gets a mention in the Homebrew section on page 105 (issue 143) !! :D
Seeing it in print has made my day :D
I think they write it two months ahead of publication.. so it mentions that we met at Play Blackpool and there's "still work to be done" and that "we're definitely looking forward to seeing the final release".

.. At Play Blackpool, the game had a couple of bugs and the controls weren't as good as they are now.

Per JK's advice at Play, I've sent on the details of the released game to the Retro Gamer editor, so I hope to see a (not too harsh [-o< :?: ) review in the next few months :)

The finished game is up now at http://www.retrosoftware.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Jbiplane
Elminster

Re: jBiplane gets a mention in Retro Gamer magazine !!

Post by Elminster »

You're famous. Well done.

It always reminds me of COMBAT on the Atari games console. Used to play that for hours, that was pre-Electron..
sydney

Post by sydney »

Congratulation Jason!
You deserve it after all the work you've done. I'm sure the review will be a positive one as it is an excellent version of Bip.
Might go and buy retro gamer now!
jbnbeeb

Post by jbnbeeb »

Elminster wrote:You're famous. Well done.

It always reminds me of COMBAT on the Atari games console. Used to play that for hours, that was pre-Electron..

Dunno about famous - :lol: - but it's given me a kick. Yeah I've mentioned Combat somewhere over at RS site. Clearly the Amiga BIP game was influenced by it, and so in turn my effort is too. I liked the cloud in Combat but with the way I've coded, I couldn't spare the CPU cycles to plot one for the planes to disappear behind. Now that I've learned a bit more, I hope to put a similar effect in a game in the future.
TopBanana

Post by TopBanana »

Top Stuff JBN :D

Return to “new bbc and electron games from 'retro software'”